The RMT union have announced further days of industrial action on all Saturdays in January and Saturdays in February up to and including Saturday 16th February 2019 which will affect services on the Mid Cheshire Line and beyond.
On 6th February the RMT have announced the suspension of their action but the news has come too late to run a full timetable on Saturday 9th February. Passengers are advised to check before they travel.
Note, on these Saturdays there is no Northern rail service between Chester and Stockport. A limited number of rail replacement buses will run between Chester and Stockport.
Northern have provided these useful guidelines:
– For up to date travel information please check your journery at www.northernrailway.co.uk
– Alternatively, real time travel information can be obtained
– Check before travelling via the above websites is the overriding message
– Check out other modes of transport to your workplace, such as buses / trams / park & ride
– Consider employee car sharing and car park facilities in your local area
Click here for further details which includes, when available from Northern, the rail and bus replacement timetables for the Mid Cheshire Line (Stockport to Chester).
Note from the Mid Cheshire Line, through tickets are available between any rail station and any Metrolink station.
By changing at Altrincham, this may provide an alternative means of travelling into Manchester.
Remember Northern services will be limited on the above days due to RMT Union strike action with a revised timetable in place.
Trains will be busier, with reduced services.